Every now and then I develop an intense craving for chorizo sausage. There is just something about the rich and salty flavours that I can’t seem to resist! Today was definitely one of my chorizo craving days so I decided to experiment with a chorizo fettuccine. My dear friend has requested the recipe, so here it is for all of you to try.
Rosie’s Chorizo & Broccolini Fettuccine
- olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 chorizo sausages (I use the cooked chorizo, not raw)
- 1 small capsicum
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 1 jar of passata (I use Val Verde Passata)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh basil
- Cook chopped chorizo in two tablespoons of olive oil for 3-4 minutes, or until crispy. Set chorizo aside on paper towel, leaving oil and excess chorizo juices in pan.
- In the same pan, fry the diced onion until soft. Add diced capsicum and finely chopped garlic clove, cooking until capsicum is soft.
- In a separate pot, boil a small amount of water and add a few pinches of salt. Add the diced broccolini and boil for 3 minutes (it’s best not to let the broccolini soften too much). Drain and set aside.
- Add the rested chorizo and roughly diced mushrooms to the onion sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the jar of passata and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add broccolini and basil leaves (for full flavour, rip basil leaves in halves).
- Serve sauce with al dente fettuccine, crusty wood oven bread and a beautiful glass of red!
I would love to know your thoughts on this recipe, please try it and let me know if you find it as yummy as I did!
(I hope you enjoy Jaime x)