If you are looking for the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion but are stuck for ideas, you will love this!
Since the beginning of this year, I was extremely undecided about how I should celebrate my 21st birthday. The thought of having a big party had crossed my mind, but sourcing an appropriate venue and deciding on how many guests to invite became a little bit too stressful! So I thought long and hard. I knew I wanted something that was a little bit different, something that my guests could enjoy and I also wanted it to represent the things I love. So after a lot of thinking, I decided that a birthday breakfast would be the perfect way to celebrate!
It just seemed to make sense. I love cooking sweet treats and I love eating breakfast, and to me that is a match made in heaven! What a perfect way to celebrate my 21st birthday, sharing my love of cooking and eating with my closest friends and family!
Apart from deciding on an appropriate menu, making this breakfast as beautiful as possible was high on my list of things to do! First thing was first: deciding the colour theme. After much deliberation I decided on pink and orange as they are bright and happy colours! After deciding this very important component, I hand-made invitations using pinks and oranges and sent them off to my guests in some pretty pearl envelopes! I then kept myself very busy planning and organising all the other little bits and pieces for my birthday breakfast, and I had so much fun doing it!
Here is the simple and sweet breakfast menu:
-French toast served with poached cinnamon pears (Ladureé style)
-Mum’s Bircher muesli served with mixed berries
-Rainbow fruit skewers
-Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Jamie Oliver lemon butter biscuits to take home
Here is a little list of the places where I found some perfect birthday breakfast essentials:
- pink roses
- brioche for french toast
- pink and orange gerberas, orange helium balloons
- orange straws
- thick pink and orange ribbon for decorating vases
- pink and orange sprinkles for cake pops, orange food colouring
- edible silk pearl dust for chocolate hearts on cupcakes
- flat heart silicone chocolate mould
- assorted pink and orange ribbon for decorating invites, vases and my Jamie Oliver lemon biscuit packages
- assorted colour pearl card and envelopes for invites
- small and medium thin glass vases
- sweet vanilla white metro jar candles
- magnets for back of invites
- pink paper straws, pink polka dot small and large paper plates, orange serviettes
- the perfect sized cocktail skewers for my fruit, with larger handles that make for easy eating
- large cake pop sticks
- pink and orange fabric napkins used as a table runner
- short patterned glass vases
After weeks of excitement and planning , the big day finally arrived! (with absolutely gorgeous weather for the first day of Spring might I add!) With the help of my beautiful Mum and sister, the entire breakfast turned out just as I had imagined it! It was perfect. What more could I ask for on my birthday? Delicious food, the company of my gorgeous friends and family and a beautiful spring day! How lucky was I! I was also very spoilt with the most gorgeous birthday cake, especially made for me by my beautiful sister, it was absolutely stunning!
Here is a little sneak peek at the end result, I hope you like it!
With a little bit of organising, love and passion, it is certainly possible to create a little magic for your own special occasion!
Any comments or thoughts would be much appreciated x